No Bake Cheesecake in Mason JarsWritten by Ariana deVries on May 27
This one is delightfully simple and perfectly delicious!
Mason jars. A Pinterest favourite, oh so crafty, the perfect serving size, and incredibly fun to eat out of!
No bake cheesecake. So easy, melts in your mouth, great for warm weather, and is always there in a pinch!
The Victoria Day long weekend rolled around this year (like every year), and I spontaneously invited friends of ours over for dinner. On the Monday I rather absentmindedly planned out my meal plan for the week and all the groceries I would need to buy. Packing Breanne into the car, I casually drove off to the grocery store.
As we were driving along I thought to myself how peaceful and quiet it was on this long weekend. Then as I passed first one grocery and gradually approached another, it suddenly dawned on me (as I gazed at the empty parking lot) thaaaat stores were not open today. Yikes! I would have to make due with what I had on hand for dinner.
Thankfully, I had bought a few things the week before that weren't part of the previous meal plan. Our dinner plans were saved! All I had to do was find an easy no bake cheesecake recipe and throw some chicken on the BBQ (it definitely was more than that, but you get the idea).
This was the fruit of my search (pun intended...only after I realized it was a pun). :)
A funny side note: We almost had to order dinner in, actually. Our BBQ went up in flames from the grease catcher being too full. Hah! The things you never tell your dinner guests...until you write a blog post and they find out.
Also, for anyone who doesn't love strawberries or would prefer to eat more chocolate, here is a chocolate and caramel sauce version. You can also substitute the strawberries with any other fruit you would like. Get creative! Use what's in season or what's on sale. :)
But whatever you do (and whatever your story is for why you decided to use this recipe), HAVE FUN! Life is so much better when you can enjoy silly moments and let stress from life's little catastrophes roll off your back.
Here's to no bake cheesecake in quaint mason jars!
Mason Jar No Bake Cheesecake
|1 1/4 cups||Graham Crumbs|
|3 tbs||Butter (Melted)|
|2 tbs||White Sugar|
|1 brick (8 oz)||Cream Cheese ( I used light; room temperature)|
|1/2 cup||Sweetened Condensed Milk|
|1 tbs||Lemon Juice|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|3/4 lb (10 large)||Strawberries (Chopped)|
|1/2 cup||Chocolate Chips|
For the Graham Crust:
- Pour crumbs into a medium bowl; stir in sugar.
- Add melted butter, and stir until well combined. Set aside.
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- Using an electric mixer set at medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in the condensed milk a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Mix in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour half of the crumb mixture into 5 - 1 cup mason jars. Put a few chocolate chips onto the crumb.
- Next, pour in some of the cheesecake mixture and top with strawberries. Sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture and finish with strawberries.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, drizzle some chocolate syrup over top.
Note: You can substitute the strawberries with any other kind of fruit, chocolate or nuts. Get creative and use what you have on hand!
*Original recipe found on the Martha Stewart website.*