Decadent No Bake Pumpkin CheesecakeWritten by Ariana deVries on Nov 19
A seasonal pie that's a mile high!
Hey there. You can just call me...Dr. Seuss. Or korny. Either works. It just flowed off the tongue so nicely. :P
If you're looking for a new recipe to try this Christmas, or want a creative variation of the classic pumpkin pie, why don't you try this one? Even though I'm being careful about what I eat these days, this pie was just too good to resist. It was worth all the calories. (At least while I was eating it).
If I do say so myself, I think this recipe is deserving of a blue ribbon. However - be warned. It's quite sweet, contains pumpkin, cream cheese, pudding, whipped cream, etc. etc. It's just plain delicious. A fun spin on a fall classic.
When I was making it for my family's Thanksgiving dinner, at first I thought I was doing it wrong. As it turns out, the pie is actually supposed to be rather tall and basically overflowing with the pumpkin, cheesecake, whipped cream goodness.
So amongst all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, I know many of you will still find time to bake and create tantalizing masterpieces that will amaze and delight all those in your company. And seeing as pumpkin pie is such a great traditional holiday dessert, I think you should break out of your box and be adventurous with this Mile High No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake. You'll be the talk of the dinner party. :)
Side note: I had to improvise with staging as we were at my parent's and everyone was waiting with bated breath for their dessert to arrive. :)
Mile High No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
|1||Graham Cracker Crust (Recipe usually on the graham crumb package)|
|FOR CREAM CHEESE LAYER|
|1 pkg. (8oz)||Cream Cheese|
|1 cup + 2 tbs||Milk (Cold)|
|2 tbs||White Sugar|
|3 cups||Cool Whip (Thawed)|
|FOR PUMPKIN LAYER|
|2 pkgs||Instant Pudding (Vanilla, 85g)|
|1 can||Pumpkin (Puree, 796ml)|
|1/2 tsp||Ground Ginger|
|2 cups||Cool Whip|
CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- Mix cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk and the sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Gently fold in 3 cups Cool Whip.
- Spread on bottom of pie crust.
- Pour 1 cup of milk into large mixing bowl then add both packages of vanilla pudding.
- Beat with electric mixer until well blended 1-2 minutes and begins to thicken slightly.
- Stir in pumpkin and spices and mix well.
- Spread over cream cheese layer. It will seem really full and tall, but don't worry.
- Top with 2 cups Cool Whip. It will create a dome shape once covered. This is a very tall pie. :)
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours prior to serving.
Note: Original recipe found on the Art and the Kitchen website.