Cadbury Cream Cookie CupsWritten by Ariana deVries on Mar 27
Perfect timing for Easter!
It's kind of hard to believe that April isn't that far off and with it comes Easter. Come on, Spring! Where are you already?
Nevertheless, my kitchen is still a busy place regardless of the weather. I've been wanting to make something like Cadbury cream eggs for the past few weeks. To be honest...I'm not even sure I've ever had a real one before! I can't recall the gooey mess dripping down my chin or feeble attempts to stuff the whole egg in my mouth. I preferred the chocolate and peanut butter eggs personally.
But these just looked so fun and I had to try them.
Silly me decided it would be a good idea to attempt two completely different recipes while the little one was napping. I should have just done this one, because she woke up halfway through and boy did it take forever to finish. Plus the other recipe didn't even work. Ah the life of having a toddler. What fun! :)
These yummy cookie eggs aren't quite as gooey of a mess as the real Cadbury ones, and I think that's probably for the better. Who wants to be a sticky mess anyways?
This is a funny picture! Without even trying, I realized the arrangement of these cookies looks like a bunny face. Now you'll never unsee it. Haha!
And for those of you who would rather forgo the eggy looking part of the cookie cups you can make a chocolate ganache and pour it into the cups. These are also very delicious! Add a few Easter coloured sprinkles and you're all set.
I'm sure I'll be back again before this holiday rolls around. I just wanted to make sure I got my Easter-y post in.
I hope you all have a marvelous Easter full of life and laughter. May you not only think about food and candy, bunnies and eggs, but about what it really means to live a life for something greater than yourself.
Make sure you enjoy some good food too. ;)
Cadbury Cream Cookie Cups
|1 batch||Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Prepared or purchased)|
|1/2 cup||Light Corn Syrup|
|1/4 cup||Butter (Softened)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|3 cups||Icing Sugar|
|Yellow Food Colouring|
- Prepare your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray and add a ball of dough to each muffin well.
- Bake for 8 minutes until golden. Let cool 15 minutes in the pan.
- The middle will sink in. To help it along you can press a small glass (shot glass works great) into the well to create a cookie cup. While the cookies are warm but firm use the tips of your fingers to gently twist the cookie cups up and out of the pan. Let cool completely.
For the Filling:
- Mix together corn syrup, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until incorporated. (If it is too thick to mix properly, add a tiny bit of water).
- Remove about 1/4 of the cream and dye with yellow food coloring.
- Pour white cream into the cookie cups. Finish off with a small drop of yellow cream.
Note: It's helpful to put the yellow cream into a ziploc bag and snip of the corner before putting it into the eggs. You get more control this way. Also, if the cream gets quite thick, you can try microwaving it for a few seconds.
*Original recipe was found on the In Katrina's Kitchen website.