Blueberry Lemon Coffee CakeWritten by Ariana deVries on Sep 4
I haven’t graced you all with a new recipe in many moons.
It’s the beginning of the long weekend, the sun is shining, the weather is getting cooler, and I can feel the hints of fall on the breeze.
This has been a year for the history books. It has been a melting pot of crazy; starting off with COVID-19, and moving right on through a plethora of issues that are effecting each of us in different ways. It’s been a roller coaster of processing and learning.
But one thing I do know...throughout it all, love has looked like delivering a batch of gooey cookies, baking a loaf of perfect sourdough bread for the family, meeting the neighbours with food in hand, exchanging meals over the deck at arms length, and listening to the stories of others over the mystery that is the internet.
So I’m here again, with my digital food in hand for you enjoy and perhaps make for someone in your world that may need a good dose of kindness in a year or week or day that has been full of all kinds of crazy.
Sending love from my kitchen to yours.
Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake
|1/2 cup||Vegetable Oil|
|1 cup||Plain Yogurt|
|1 1/4 cup||Brown Sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|Lemon Zest From half a lemon|
|2 cups||All-Purpose Flour|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|1/2 tsp||Baking Soda|
|2 1/2 cups||Blueberries|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9″ or 10" Springform pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, yogurt and brown sugar until combined and smooth. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mixing just until combined. Stir in the blueberries with a spatula (if using frozen, wait until the last minute to add before the streusel and baking).
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
In a medium bowl, melt the butter for the streusel.Stir in flour and sugar until it forms a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle over batter in pan, breaking into small pieces with your fingers or a fork.
Bake for 70-80 minutes (I cooked mine for 80 minutes as I used frozen berries), until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- For the glaze, stir together powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice. Drizzle over coffee cake and enjoy!