Super Duper Moist Double Chocolate Cupcakes
|1 box||Cake Mix Devil's Food|
|1 can (approx. 600ml)||Pumpkin Puree|
|1 cup||Butter Soft - not melted|
|3 cups||Icing Sugar|
|1/2 cup||Cocoa Powder|
|1 tsp||Almond Extract (Or 2 tsp Vanilla Extract)|
|4 tbs||Milk (Or Heavy Cream)|
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Blend cake mix, pumpkin and egg white.
- Bake according to instructions on box for cake mix.
- Cupcakes are ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before icing.
- Cream the butter with a stand or hand mixer on medium speed.
- Sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into the bowl with the butter.
- Mix again on the lowest speed so that the dry ingredients don't go flying! Blend until the sugar and cocoa are completely soaked up by the butter.
- Increase the mixer speed and add in the almond extract (or vanilla), salt and milk (or cream). Beat until well mixed.
- If the frosting needs a stiffer consistency, add more sugar. If it is too thick, add more milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Frost the cupcakes and enjoy!
Note: Add whatever decorative bits you would like. For these cupcakes I cut coloured marshmallows in half and stuck them on to look like flowers. Get creative and experiement!
*Original frosting recipe is from the Savory Sweet Life website.