Strawberry Glaze Pie
|1 1/2 cups||Water|
|3/4 cups||White Sugar|
|2 tbs||Corn Starch|
|1 package||Jello Powder (Strawberry or Raspberry)|
|3 cups||Strawberries (Whole)|
|9 inch||Pie Crust|
- Boil water, sugar and corn starch until thick.
- Add jello and stir until dissolved. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Cook the pie shell at 425˚F for 10-12 minutes.
- Arrange strawberries in a 9" cooked pie shell. (Here is a great recipe).
- Pour the jello mixture over the entire pie, covering all the strawberries. *Make sure you don't overflow the pie!*
- Cool in the fridge.
To serve, top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
For Mini Variation:
Use 6 or 7 ramekins (depending on size).
- Divide pie crust in half. Roll out dough for one pie crust. Should be fairly thin.
- Lay ramekin open side down and trace, leaving a 1 inch border.
- Press gently into ramekin, pressing onto the sides and bottom.
- Trim the edges and make a design if you would like.
- Follow the recipe above for filling (you may need to chop the strawberries into smaller pieces to fit properly).
Note: works well with other fruit combinations too. For example, peaches and peach jello, cheeries and cherry jello, etc.