Spinach and Mushroom Pasta with White Sauce
Serving Size: 2 large bowls Prep Time: 7 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
|1/3 cup||Milk (Or heavy cream)|
|1/2 cup||Cream Cheese|
|1/2 tsp||Black Pepper (To taste)|
|1/2 tsp||Salt (To taste)|
|1/3 cup||Chicken Broth|
|3 tbs + 3 tbs||Asiago Cheese (Or Parmesan)|
|1 1/2 tbs||Olive Oil|
|1/2 cup||Spinach (Frozen with water drained)|
|5 cloves||Garlic (Minced)|
|2 tbs||White Cooking Wine|
|Pasta Noodles (Any kind)|
- Boil water for pasta noodles.
- Pour olive oil in a skillet and wait for it to heat up. Begin sautéing mushrooms.
- Cook for approximately 4-6 minutes on medium-high heat before adding spinach.
- Start cooking noodles.
- Cook mushrooms and spinach for 4-6 minutes before adding garlic. Continue cooking (without a lid) for another minute or so. Add wine and stir occationally for another 2-4 minutes.
- Set aside until sauce and noodles are complete.
- Place cooked noodles in a bowl and cover with the mushrooms and spinach. Pour sauce over the top and spinkle with the leftover cheese.
- Melt cream cheese in a saucepan on low-medium heat (you don't want it to burn). Add Asiago cheese and milk, stirring regularly (wooden spoon or whisk is best).
- Once melted, add chicken broth, salt and pepper. Continue stirring until thick and all ingredients are mixed.
- When sauce is thick and bubbling slightly, remove from heat and add chopped green oninons
*For a meat version, cook the meat separately and add with the mushrooms and spinach.