Rustic Parmesan Drop Biscuits
Serving Size: 12 biscuits Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 14-16 minutes
|2 cups||All-Purpose Flour|
|3 tsp||Baking Powder|
|1 cup||Plain Yogurt|
|6 tbs||Butter (Divided, cold)|
|1/4 cup||Parmesan Cheese (Grated)|
|1/2 tsp||Rosemary (Dried)|
- Preheat oven to 425˚ and place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet into the oven while it's preheating.
- Pour flour, baking powder, and salt into a meduim bowl.
- Cut 4 tablespoons of the butter into small pieces and add it to the bowl. (You may need to use your fingers to work the butter into smaller pieces.)
- Add the parmesan cheese, yogurt and rosemary. Stir until the mix is moistened, adding more yogurt if needed.
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven and place a tablespoon of butter into it.
- When the butter has melted, divide the batter into 12 golf ball sized biscuits. Carefully nestle them in the skillet (9 around and 3 in the middle works well).
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with one tablespoon of melted butter. Bake for 14-16 minutes until browned on the top.
- Remove from the oven and serve.