Rolled Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: Approx. 3 dozen (depending on size) Prep Time: 15 minutes + 1 hour chill time Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
|1 1/2 cups||Butter (Softened)|
|2 cups||White Sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|5 cups||All-Purpose Flour|
|2 tsp||Baking Powder|
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F. Roll dough flat on a floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. (Don't roll the dough too thin or it will easily break and may burn quickly).
- Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes. Remove and let cool for 2 or so minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
*Original recipe found on the AllRecipes.com website by Jill Saunders.*