Perfect Buttercream Frosting
|1 cup||Butter (Softened, not melted)|
|3-4 cups||Icing Sugar (Sifted)|
|2 1/2 tsp||Almond Extract (Or Vanilla Extract)|
|3-4 tbs||Heavy Cream (Or milk)|
- Cream the butter with a stand or hand mixer on medium speed.
- Sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into the bowl with the butter.
- Mix again on the lowest speed so that the dry ingredients don't go flying! Blend until the sugar and cocoa are completely soaked up by the butter.
- Increase the mixer speed and add in the almond extract (or vanilla), salt and milk (or cream). Beat until well mixed.
- If the frosting needs a stiffer consistency, add more sugar. If it is too thick, add more milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
For chocolate version:
Add 1/2 cup cocoa and an extra 1/4 tsp of salt.
*Original recipe found on the Savory Sweet Life website.