Pecan Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 20 Cookies Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
|1/2 cup||Butter (Softened)|
|3/4 cup||Brown Sugar (Packed)|
|1/4 cup||White Sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|2 tbs||Cream (Or half & half)|
|2 cups||All-Purpose Flour|
|1 tbs||Pumpkin Pie Spice|
|2 tsp||Corn Starch|
|1 tsp||Baking Soda|
|1 cup||Pecans (Chopped) + 18 whole|
- Combine the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer). Beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the cream, and beat on low speed until well combined.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, corn starch, baking soda, optional salt, and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the pecans, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough into equal-sized mounds. Place on baking sheet. Press one pecan onto the top of each.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don't overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 5-10 minutes. You can then transfer to a wire rack or just leave them on the sheet to cool completely.
- Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.
*Original recipe was found on the Avery Cooks website.*