Mini Chocolate Éclairs
Serving Size: 30 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 30
|6 tbs||Butter (Cut into pieces)|
|2 cups||Water (Cold)|
|1 1/2 cup||Flour|
|3 large||Egg(s) (Beaten)|
|2 cups||Heavy Cream|
|3/4 cup||Chocolate Chips|
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with water, then bring to a boil.
- Once it reaches a boil, remove from heat and immediately pour flour into pan.
- Beat well with a wooden spoon until it is thick and shiny - coming away from the edge of the pan.
- Pour the eggs a little at a time into the mixture, stirring vigorously. Mix until smooth and thick.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a piping bag (or a large ziploc bag with the corner cut off).
- Pipe 2 inch lengths of the mixture onto 2 baking sheets that are lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and make slits in the side of each one. Return to the oven to bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Make sure to let cool.
- Mix whipped cream with a bit of sugar. Pipe into each éclair.
- Melt the chocolate and spread over the top. Put in fridge to harden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Can be stored in the fridge or freezer.
*Original recipe is from the Illustrated Quick Cook cookbook.