Serving Size: 9 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 45-60 minutes
|4||Egg(s) At room temperature (separate yolks from whites)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|3/4 cup||White Sugar|
|1/2 cup||Butter (Melted)|
|3/4 cup||Flour (All-purpose)|
|2 cups||Milk (Lukewarm)|
|Icing Sugar (For dusting)|
- Preheat oven to 325˚ F. Grease a 8 inch x 8 inch baking pan.
- Separate eggs and add the egg whites to a mixing bowl. Beat until egg whites are stiff. Place in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until creamy. Add butter and vanilla extract and continue beating for another minute or two. Mix in the flour until fully incorporated.
- Slowly start adding the milk and beat until everything is well blended. Carefully scoop in the egg whites a third at a time. Gently fold them in using a spatula, repeat until all egg whites are folded in.
- Pour batter into the baking pan and bake for 40 to 70 minutes or until the top is golden. The baking time could vary depending on the oven, so take a peek at around 40 minutes and see how it looks. You may even have to give it a little nudge to see if it's still wiggly.
- Once cake has cooled, serve with berries and sprinkle icing sugar over top.
*The original recipe was found on the Jo Cooks website.