Homemade Pasta Dough
- In the bowl of an eletric stand mixer, combine flour and salt.
- Make a well in the flour, add the slightly beaten egg, and mix.
- Add the olive oil. Slowly add the water one tablespoon at a time until it forms a stiff dough.
- Cover and let rest for at least 1 hour. This helps the gluten to relax.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- You can then roll the dough out to desired thinness using a machine or by hand. Use machine to cut into strips of desired width.
Note: Make sure your dough isn't too sticky. It should stick to itself but nothing else. Don't add too much water.
*Original recipe found on the Allrecipes.com website.*