Empty the Fridge Soup
|1 tsp||Olive Oil|
|1 small||Onion (Diced)|
|2 stalks||Celery (Chopped)|
|2||Carrots (Medium sized, Diced)|
|4-5 cloves||Garlic (Crushed)|
|1/2||Red Bell Pepper (Diced)|
|1/2||Yellow Bell Pepper (Diced)|
|1/4 to 1/2 tsp||Red Pepper Flakes (Depending on taste)|
|1/2 tsp||Parsley (Dried)|
|1/4 tsp||Oregano (Dried)|
|1/2 cup||Pasta Sauce|
|6 cups||Chicken Broth|
|I can||Diced Tomatoes|
|1/3 cup||Spinach (Chopped. Frozen works great.)|
|2 cups||Egg Noodles (Preference)|
- Saute onions, carrots and celery in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add peppers and garlic and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in spices until they give off a nice aroma (about 1 minute).
- Add tomotes, broth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour in egg noodles and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve or let cool and store*.
*Soup is often better the second day or several hours after making. This allows the flavours to meld nicely. Also, egg noodles are great for soups that aren't going to be eaten first day, because they don't get soggy like other pasta noodles.
Note: You can also add chicken, mushrooms, beans, etc. for different variations.