Double Chocolate Scones with Peanut Butter Icing
|1/3 cup||Cocoa Powder|
|1/3 cup||Brown Sugar (Packed)|
|2 tsp||Baking Powder|
|3/4 tsp||Baking Soda|
|1/2 cup||Butter (Or margarine. Should be cold.)|
|1||Egg(s) (Yolk only)|
|1 cup||Yogurt (Vanilla or Plain)|
|1/2 cup||Chocolate Chips (Mini)|
|1/3 cup||Peanut Butter|
|1/2 cup||Icing Sugar|
|1/4 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1-2 tbs||Milk (Depending on desired consistency)|
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1/2 cup of cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine egg yolk and yogurt in a separate bowl. Add to dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate pieces and stir until mixture is well combined and slightly sticky.
- Roll or pat dough into a 9-inch circle, then cut into 10 wedges. Place wedges 1 inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
Note: scones will be very large when done baking. If desired, cut in half to make smaller scones.
Mix all the ingredents together. Blend well. Gradually add the milk to achieve the desired consistency.
If you want icing that is more like a glaze, follow these steps.
- Combine the peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan and set over medium-low heat.
- Whisk frequently, cooking until the mixture is melted and smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and add the icing sugar and vanilla. Continue whisking until smooth and combined, then gradually add the milk until you reach a thick, but pourable, consistency for glazing.
- Drizzle over the scones and allow to set.