Cinnamon Bun Cheesecake
|Cinnamon Bun Batter:|
|2/3 cup||White Sugar|
|1/4 cup||Butter (Room temperature)|
|1 tbs||Vanilla Extract|
|2 tsp||Baking Powder|
|2 pkgs (8 oz each)||Cream Cheese (Room temperature)|
|1 cup||White Sugar|
|1 tbs||Vanilla Extract|
|1/3 cup||Butter (Melted)|
|1 cup||Brown Sugar|
|Cream Cheese Frosting:|
|1/2 pkg. (2 oz)||Cream Cheese (Room temperature)|
|2 tbs||Butter (Room temperature)|
|2 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1 cup||Icing Sugar|
|1-2 tbs||Milk (As needed to thin)|
Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
Grease a 9 or 10-inch Springform pan.
Cinnamon Roll Batter:
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat for about one minute.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to the already mixed ingredients. Blend on low speed until throughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, use a mixer to beat cream cheese. Add in sugar after cream cheese is smooth. Mix for about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and flour and continue mixing until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined.
There are now three separate parts. Here is how to put them together:
- Spread half of the cinnamon bun batter onto the bottom of the Springform pan. The batter will be thick and quite sticky, so it's a good idea to spray your hands with baking spray. The layer will be thin, but it will rise during baking.
- Pour all of the cheesecake batter on top of the cinnamon roll batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cinnamon filling over the top of the cheesecake batter.
- Take the rest of the base batter and drop spoonfuls over the top of the cheesecake. Once you are finished, take a knife and swirl (or gently mix) the ingredients together. Be careful not to scrape the bottom layer.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes, cake will be puffy and lightly browned. If the center is still jiggly and gooey, it needs more time.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes at room temperature and then cover and move to fridge for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Remove cake and let it warm up to room temperature just a bit. While you are waiting, make the cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese separately before adding the butter. Once soft, add butter and mix for about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until desired consistency is reached. If too thick, thin out with milk.
- Pipe over the top of cheesecake and serve.
It is absolutely amazing. So enjoy!