Cinnamon Breakfast Puffs
|3 tsp||Baking Powder|
|1/2 tsp||Nutmeg Ground|
|1 cup||White Sugar|
|1 1/4 cups||White Sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- in a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together 1 cup sugar and shortening. Add eggs and mix again.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- In a bowl, melt the butter. In a separate bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip baked muffins in butter, coating thoroughly, then coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
So delicious. Enjoy with breakfast or just as a snack.
Note: I prefer the little muffin tins. If you use those, you could probably get 3 batches. Otherwise, maybe 1 1/2 of the larger ones.
*Original recipe found on The Pioneer Woman's website.