Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 2-3 dozen (depending on size) Prep Time: 20 minutes + 30 minutes Cook Time: 17-20 minutes
|2 cups||All-Purpose Flour|
|2/3 cup||Cocoa Powder|
|1/2 cup + 2 tbs||White Sugar|
|1 cup||Butter (Room temperature)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1 1/2 cups||Chocolate Chips|
- Sift the flour, cocoa and salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.. Mix in the vanilla extract. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Between two sheets of waxed paper, roll the dough 1/4-inch thick as evenly as possible.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut out the cookies with a heart shaped or other cookie cutter. Arrange the cookies, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until crisp and firm. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes and then transfer to a tea towel or a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- When the cookies are cool, dip the hearts into the melted chocolate. I only dipped about 1/4 of the heart. Sprinkle the chocolate section with sprinkles, if desired.
- Place the heart cookies on wax paper until the chocolate is completely set.
*Original recipe was found on the Two Peas and Their Pod website.*