Chocolate Oreo Cookie Scones
Serving Size: 12-15 Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 18 minutes
|1/4 cup + 2 tbs||White Sugar|
|1 1/2 tsp||Baking Powder|
|6 tbs||Butter (Cold)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1 cup||Oreo Cookies (Broken)|
|1 cup||Chocolate Chips|
|2 1/2 tsp||Shortening|
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Whisk dry ingredients together. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles a small pea.
- Form a hole in the center and add the milk, vanilla, and beaten egg. Stir until it is all combined. Stir in the cookie chunks.
- The dough will be very sticky. Drop 12 large spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Carefully press down and pull out, until each scone is about 3 inches wide.
- Bake 20 for minutes. Cool on a wire rack until fully cooled.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl, stirring often. Dip the bottoms into the melted chocolate. Drizzle the extra chocolate over the tops of the scones and let set on wax paper.
- Take bite and enjoy the delicousness. :)