Chicken Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 12-16 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20
|1 cup||Bean Sprouts|
|1/2||Red Bell Pepper (Finely chopped)|
|1 cup||Mushrooms (White)|
|1/4 tsp||Ground Ginger|
|1 tbs||Cider Vinegar|
|1 tbs||Soy Sauce|
|2 tbs||Vegetable Oil|
|1 cup||Chicken (Cooked and chopped)|
|6||Napa Cabbage (Leaves cut in half)|
|1 tbs||Corn Starch|
|12-16||Spring Roll Wrappers (Or Egg Roll Wrappers)|
|Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce (Optional)|
|1 cup||Carrots (Grated)|
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil (vegetable or olive) in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the bean sprouts, red pepper, mushrooms, carrots, green onion, ginger, soy sauce, and vinegar. Fry for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cooked chicken. Stir.
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch with 4 tablespoons of cold water.
- Dust a baking sheet with cornstarch. Lay a wrapper on the work surface. (I used egg roll wrappers. More crispy). Top with half a cabbage leaf and a heaping tablespoon of the stir-fried mixture.
- Brush the edges with the corstarch and fold. (Place filling diagonally, fold side edges, then the edge closest to you. Roll and seal with corstarch.)
- Place on baking sheet until ready to fry.
- If using a deep fryer, place 4-5 rolls into the preheated fryer. Cook for approximately 5-7 minutes, turning so both sides cook.
- If using a frying pan, pour 1/4 inch of oil into the pan. Add the rolls in batches, turning occasionally, until golden.
- Transfer to paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with sweet chili dipping sauce. Yum!
*Original recipe is from the Illustrated Kitchen Bible cookbook.