Serving Size: 5 Generous, 6 Average Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes
|1 lb||Ground Beef|
|1||Onion (Diced, Medium)|
|4 cloves||Garlic (Minced)|
|3 tbs||Chili Powder|
|1/4 cup||Chipotle Ketchup (If you don't have this, you can do 1/2 cup of ketchup and add some hot sauce)|
|1/4 cup||Yellow Mustard|
|1/4 cup||Worcesteshire Sauce|
|Salt (To taste)|
|Black Pepper (To taste)|
|1 can||Kidney Beans (14 oz)|
|1 can||Black Beans (14 oz)|
|3/4 can||Diced Tomatoes (28 oz can)|
|2 cups||Beef Broth|
|1 1/2 cups||Macaroni (Uncooked)|
|1/2 cup||Marble Cheese (Or Cheddar-Grated for topping)|
|Tomato(es) (Optional: Diced and fresh)|
|Dill Pickles (Optional)|
- Brown ground beef in a large stock pot or Dutch oven.
- Once completely browned, drain excess grease and add onions and garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes on medium heat until onions begin to soften.
- Add chili powder and mix well. Cook for another minute or two.
- Add broth, ketchup, chipotle ketchup (or hot sauce), mustard, Worchestire sauce, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and once this comes to a simmer, add beans.
- Let the chili simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Stir occassionally to make sure it doesn't stick to the pot.
- Once you've let the chili simmer, add the macaroni noodles. Allow it to simmer for another 10 minutes or so. The noodles are best if they are al dente (or slightly undercooked). They will continue to soften as the chili sits.
- Remove chili from heat, portion into bowls, sprinkle with cheese, tomatoes, a few pickle slices, and enjoy!