Cadbury Cream Cookie Cups
|1 batch||Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Prepared or purchased)|
|1/2 cup||Light Corn Syrup|
|1/4 cup||Butter (Softened)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|3 cups||Icing Sugar|
|Yellow Food Colouring|
- Prepare your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray and add a ball of dough to each muffin well.
- Bake for 8 minutes until golden. Let cool 15 minutes in the pan.
- The middle will sink in. To help it along you can press a small glass (shot glass works great) into the well to create a cookie cup. While the cookies are warm but firm use the tips of your fingers to gently twist the cookie cups up and out of the pan. Let cool completely.
For the Filling:
- Mix together corn syrup, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until incorporated. (If it is too thick to mix properly, add a tiny bit of water).
- Remove about 1/4 of the cream and dye with yellow food coloring.
- Pour white cream into the cookie cups. Finish off with a small drop of yellow cream.
Note: It's helpful to put the yellow cream into a ziploc bag and snip of the corner before putting it into the eggs. You get more control this way. Also, if the cream gets quite thick, you can try microwaving it for a few seconds.
*Original recipe was found on the In Katrina's Kitchen website.