Beautiful Braided Bread
|1 1/3 cup||Water|
|1/4 cup||Vegetable Oil|
|1/4 cup||White Sugar|
|1 1/2 tsp||Salt|
|1 tsp||Lemon Juice|
|1||Egg(s) (For glaze)|
- Crack egg into measuring cup. Add enough water to make 1 1/3 cups. Pour into bread machine.
- Add ingredients in the order listed. Oil, sugar, salt and lemon juice. Add flour. Make a small crater in the flour and pour the yeast into it. You don't want the yeast to touch any liquid yet.
- Set bread machine to "dough" setting. The dough should rest for an extra 20 minutes when done. This allows the dough to relax a bit more.
- Once done, remove from bread machine and separate the dough into 3 sections. You then separate those 3 sections into 3 more sections.
- Braid all 3 sections (like you would someone's hair). Lay two side-by-side on a baking sheet and the third one on top of both.
- Cover the whole thing with a towel and let rise in warm place. The oven set at 180˚F is great. Let it rise 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Remove bread from oven and preheat to 375ºF. Beat together an egg and glaze the entire loaf. Make sure not to miss parts or else you will notice once cooked. (You can also use butter).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
*Original recipe can be found on my sister-in-law's blog, Janette.Drost. And the recipe from there originally came from her mom, who got it from who knows where. :)