Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 10-12 slices Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 70-80 minutes
|1/2 cup||Vegetable Oil|
|1 cup||Plain Yogurt|
|1 1/4 cup||Brown Sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|Lemon Zest From half a lemon|
|2 cups||All-Purpose Flour|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|1/2 tsp||Baking Soda|
|2 1/2 cups||Blueberries|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9″ or 10" Springform pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, yogurt and brown sugar until combined and smooth. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mixing just until combined. Stir in the blueberries with a spatula (if using frozen, wait until the last minute to add before the streusel and baking).
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
In a medium bowl, melt the butter for the streusel.Stir in flour and sugar until it forms a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle over batter in pan, breaking into small pieces with your fingers or a fork.
Bake for 70-80 minutes (I cooked mine for 80 minutes as I used frozen berries), until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- For the glaze, stir together powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice. Drizzle over coffee cake and enjoy!