Basic Veggie Stir Fry
Serving Size: 4 Prep Time: 10-15 minutes Cook Time: 7 minutes
|1 cup||Carrots I used baby carrots|
|1 1/2 cups||Broccoli Chopped florets|
|1 cup||Cauliflower Chopped florets|
|1 1/2 cups||Peppers Sweet peppers work best (red. yellow, orange or green)|
|1 cup||Zucchini Chopped|
|1/4 cup||Leeks Sliced into rings|
|1 tbs||Olive Oil|
|1/4 tsp||Red Pepper Flakes To taste. They are quite spicy.|
|1/2 tsp||Montreal Steak Spice|
|1/2 tsp||Garlic Powder|
|1/2 tsp||Chipotle Powder|
- Turn frying pan on to medium-high. Add oil.
- Once warm, add onions and mushrooms.
- Chop up other ingredients and add from hardest to softest. (For example: carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower would be first. The peppers, zucchini and leeks would be second, spices last).
- Don't over cook or it will get mushy. The peppers, zucchini and leeks should be added in the last 3 minutes or less.
- Once cooked and spices are added you can add any kind of sauce you would like. Soya goes well as does thai sweet chili.
For the meat alternative:
- Cook the meat.
- Remove from pan and cook stir fry as normal.
- Add meat back to stir fry before soft ingredients to warm it back up.
Finished! Healthy and delicious.