Serving Size: 10-12 Prep Time: 7 minutes Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
|2 medium||Eggplant(s) (Roasted)|
|1/3 cup||Tahini Paste (Light)|
|4 cloves||Garlic (Roasted) + 1 raw garlic clove|
|2 tsp||Lemon Juice|
|1/2 tsp||Chili Powder|
|1/2 tsp||Kosher Salt (Or more to taste)|
|Paprika (To garnish)|
|Parsley (Fresh, to garnish)|
- Roast eggplant and garlic.
- Remove pulp from roasted eggplant and place in a bowl along with some of the smoky roasting liquid.
- Add tahini, garlic, fresh lemon juice, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper and 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to the bowl.
- Use a fork and/or immersion blender to mash together the mixture, using quite a bit of pressure to break up the tahini paste, roasted garlic, and any stringiness of the eggplant. Mix until well combined.
- Taste the dip. Add additional tahini, lemon juice, salt or cayenne pepper, if desired. The cayenne is very spicy, so add with care.
- Drizzle the surface of the dip lightly with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika and fresh parsley to garnish.
- Serve as a dip with pita bread, crackers or chips. If you prefer a cold dip, chill in the fridge prior to garnishing. Store in an airtight container and keep refridgerated.