Almond Granola with Dried Fruit
|1/4 cup||Maple Syrup|
|1/2 cup||Brown Sugar|
|4 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1/2 cup||Vegetable Oil|
|5 cups||Oats Rolled or large|
|2 cups||Almonds Chopped|
|2 cups||Dried Fruit Chopped|
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Whisk honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in large bowl. Whisk in oil.
- Fold in oats and almonds until thoroughly coated.
- Transfer oat mixture to prepared baking sheet and spread across sheet into thin, even layer.
- Compress mixture until very compact and hard.
- Bake until lightly browned, rotating sheet once halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for about 1 hour.
- Break cooled granola into pieces and then stir in the dried fruit.
Eat and enjoy! :)
Note: Granola can be stored for up to 2 weeks in a sealed container
*Original recipe found in the Cooks Illustrated magazine.